Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Digital Painting

I tried my hand at creating a digital painting again, totally from scratch in Photoshop.

My main observation is that I think I'm just not used to drawing straight onto the screen. Small details are fine but overall, I notice that my proportions are kind of off. I want to say the problem is that I'm not seeing everything on screen at once but I tried something new today. I did a rough sketch at a very small zoom, because I'm used to drawing with smaller gestures instead of larger ones. It turned out nice but when I look at it now, the proportions look a little weird. I think the character's head is just a little too big.

Oh well, this is just a test, it doesn't have to be perfect. That's another thing I keep getting caught up on. :X

EDIT: ....*uses selection and resize tools* Ah, I love digital works. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment