Thursday, March 18, 2010

So it's been a while since I last updated! Right now, I'm currently working on vectoring the line art for my portfolio mural. It's been going really slow because I'm really out of practice... It has been about 7 months since I last did anything in Illustrator. XD It's not that I'm rusty with the program, I feel like I'm able to pick up just where I left off. It's more that I'm not used to spending copious amounts of time grinding with anchor points and bezier curves these days. It can get really tedious sometimes. :X

In any case, every day that I go to work on the line art, I end up spending a little more time devoted to it. This makes me really happy, as I'm hoping that eventually I'll get used to spending hours working again without batting an eye. I'm hoping that once I'm able to finish this and I have something that I can honestly be proud of, it'll remind me of why I loved doing art in the first place. I think having something to actually show for my efforts will help me out considerably.

In any case, it's going to take a while to get this entire piece finished, considering I'm a little slow at the moment and there's just so much to it. But it's going to look amazing when it's all finished! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment