Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sketches: Miniature Characters

I really want to start selling cute little "chibi" (Japanese for "small") drawings of popular characters on things like buttons, bookmarks, etc. The idea would be to sell this stuff at conventions and hopefully online. I know that there's a demand for this kind of thing but I have a feeling that it's going to never amount to more than just a hobby on the side. I don't actually know how much money people make from selling this sort of thing.

In any case, here's some samples of the designs I'd be doing:



I'd like to take one of these and do line art for it digitally and then play around with colors. :D Eventually I'll get to this point.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura! Thanks for the link :D These are quite cute and you're right, there is a pretty big demand for these things. I know people who sell this kind of stuff at cons and do very well.

    Ah Slayers... What memories...

    PAINT THEM AND POST THEM!

    ReplyDelete